- Small - Laminitis Kit
- Medium - Laminitis Kit
- Large - Laminitis Kit
Something as serious as Laminitis needs the best treatment there is.
A new study from the Department of Clinical Studies, New Bolton Center, School of Veterinary Medice, University of Pennsylvania confirms IceHorse's dry cryotherapy is a much more effective treatment than cold therapy than ice water buckets, gels or compression-based cold therapies.
Only IceHorse has Cold Capsule inserts that surround and cool inflamed tissues more than 3 times longer
No barn should be without the Laminitis Kit from Ice Horse.
The Kit Includes:
- IceHorse Pro Therapy Big Black Boots
- 2 Hoof Wraps Soaker Sacks
- 18 Cold Capsule IcePacks
Hoof Wrap Soaker Sack Directions:
1. Place hoof pads in the bottom of sacks
2. Place horse’s hoof in sack
3. Fill sack with crushed ice and water
4. Secure with Velcro straps
Ice Horse Pro Therapy Boots Directions:
- Open IceHorse Pro Therapy Laminitis Boots packages. Remove Cold Capsule Ice Packs and place in freezer, with each pack’s round white seal facing up so it can “breathe.”
- While Cold Capsule inserts are freezing, open Hoof Wrap Soaker Sack package. Insert hoof pad in bottom of sack, fill sack with crushed ice and water. Place hoof in sack and secure with Velcro straps.
- Check to see that Laminitis Boots Cold Capsule inserts are frozen and the ice crystals turn white (initial freezing time is 8-12 hours, depending on freezer temperature – after initial freeze, ice packs will refreeze in approximately 4 hours). Remove Hoof Wrap soaker sacks from horse’s hoof.
- Use 3 Cold Capsule inserts per boot. Remove tape from Velcro strips on the back of each ice pack.
- Open the Laminitis Boot all the way and attach ice packs vertically to the stiff panels inside the boot.
- With the Ice Horse logo facing the front of the horse’s hoof, hold boot open, lift and place the hoof in the boot, and set it back down.
- Fasten the stiff panels around the horse’s leg.
- Pull the REAR outer elasticized panel tightly around the stiff panels and fasten with Velcro tabs.
- Pull the FRONT outer elasticized panel tightly around the stiff panels and fasten to the outside of the rear panel.
- Secure the boot with the strap around the pastern area to prevent ice from slipping downward.
- Check Cold Capsule inserts after approximately two to two and a half hours. The first application of Cold Capsule inserts should provide therapeutic level of cooling for about 2-2 1/2 hours. If ice crystals have turned clear, replace with second set of Cold Capsule inserts.
- Unwrap the boot, peel off the ice pack and replace with frozen packs. NOTE: the boot does not need to be removed from the horse’s hoof.
- Return first set of Cold Capsule inserts to freezer. They will refreeze in about 4 hours after the initial freeze.
- Check second set of Cold Capsule inserts in 4 hours. Replace as necessary. Continue treatment for 24-48 hours.
If heat is called for, try DEEP HEAT™ by Ice Horse®
WHEN USING ICE HORSE® PRODUCTS WE RECOMMEND YOUR HORSE IS SECURELY TIED AND NOT LEFT UNATTENDED.
Submit your review
Hoof Wraps Brand Gel Pad$21.95